Here you will find complete instructions and helpful guides on how to sign up for Internship/Practicum/Externship. Download this information for information and guidance. If you have any questions, please contact Deborah.Jones@KWC.edu
- Please follow these instructions in order to complete your contract in Handshake. Remember ALL fields are required and your application will not be accepted until it is complete.
- This optional form is a worksheet to help you collect all the information you will need to complete your contract. Remember, this is just a worksheet. All experiences need to be completed electronically in Handshake.
- This checklist is designed to help you chart your progress toward completion and approval of your Internship/Practicum/Externship.
The expectations for you, as a student, as well as for your employer and for your faculty sponsors are vital to understand. You must review these expectations carefully before your internship/practicum/externship will be approved.
- The instructions for completing your reflection paper are general guidelines on what to expect. Your professors preferences may differ so be sure to discuss the academic component of your internship/practicum/externship with your faculty member at the beginning of the term.
- The WE-Experience Writing Expectations is a rubric that you can use to guide you in providing written assignments.
- The Experiential Rubric is provided to give you guidance on how your will be evaluated for your final grade in your Internship/Practicum/Externship.
A sample of where our students have completed internships:
- Mesker Park Zoo and Garden
- Joe Ford Nature Center
- Dream Riders
- W.O.L.F. Sanctuary (Colorado)
- Ellen Trout Zoo (Texas)
- Institute for Marine Mammal Studies Inc. (Mississippi)
- Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Gardens
- Western Kentucky Raptor Center / Nurture to Nature Wildlife Rehabilitation Center
- Newport Aquarium
- Saving Paws Animal Rescue
- Humane Society (Owensboro)
- Various Veterinary Clinics