Here you will find complete instructions and helpful guides on how to sign up for Internship/Practicum/Externship. Download or view this information for information and guidance. If you have any questions, please contact laura.rudolph@KWC.edu
COMPLETE BEFORE YOUR INTERNSHIP BEGINS
Internship Check list Start here!
- This checklist is designed to help you chart your progress toward completion and approval of your Internship/Practicum/Externship.
- The expectations for you, as a student, as well as for your employer and for your faculty sponsors are vital to understand. You must review these expectations carefully before your internship/practicum/externship will be approved.
Contract Worksheet Do this before you get into Handshake!
- This worksheet will help you collect all the information you will need to complete your contract. Remember, this is just a worksheet. All experiences need to be completed electronically in Handshake.
Required Travel and Liability Forms
Instructions for Completing your Internship/Practicum/Externship Contract on Handshake Finally, you’re ready to enter into Handshake!
- Please follow these instructions in order to complete your contract in Handshake. Remember ALL fields are required and your application will not be accepted until it is complete.
COMPLETE DURING AND AFTER YOUR INTERNSHIP
- Your reflection paper connects your hands on experience to the academic requirements for the internship/externship/practicum. The instructions for completing your reflection paper are general guidelines on what to expect. Your professors’ preferences may differ so be sure to discuss the academic component of your internship/practicum/externship with your faculty member at the beginning of the term.
- You may use this rubric as a general guide for completing written assignments.
- The Experiential Rubric provides guidance on how you will be evaluated for your final grade in your Internship/Practicum/Externship.