Academic Advising Mission Statement
Kentucky Wesleyan College will provide a comprehensive academic advisement system staffed by advisors who interact in a positive, productive, and ethical manner with the student population to provide assistance as students identify, clarify, and accomplish their educational and career goals.
KWC Academic Advising Goals
Through the comprehensive academic advising program at KWC, the advisor will:
- Provide students with high-quality academic advising services which encourage them to pursue academic excellence;
- Support and assist students in exploring, confirming, and achieving their educational and career goals;
- Assist students as they become independent decision-makers who demonstrate initiative and responsibility; and
- Contribute to student development by referring students to appropriate campus resources.
When participating in academic advising, the student will:
- Be an active participant in the advising process;
- Demonstrate responsibility for his/her educational progress and decision-making;
- Use campus resources to develop and follow a plan to accomplish his/her educational and career goals; and
- Provide thoughtful feedback on the advising process as requested through surveys, focus groups, and/or interviews.